On February 9, at the production site of JSC Sovtransavto-Moscow, field tests of a new system for monitoring the effectiveness of disinfection of vehicles were carried out as part of measures to ensure epidemiological safety in transport, including in the context of a novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) pandemic.
The system was tested as part of the research work (R&D) "Development of scientifically substantiated proposals to ensure monitoring of the effectiveness and quality of measures for preventive disinfection of various types of vehicles and transport infrastructure" carried out by the staff of the Scientific Research Institute of Motor Transport (OJSC "NIIAT") by order of the Ministry of Transport of Russia.
In the course of the conducted field tests of the IS MMMD AT:
- air and surface samples were taken in the passenger compartment (buses: LiAZ and IVECO) before the start of disinfection treatment;
- processed by the aerosol method (two modes) the salons of city buses.
- repeated sampling of air and surfaces in the passenger compartment of buses after disinfection was carried out.
- the selected material (air samples, washing off surfaces before and after disinfection treatment) will be sent to the laboratory for research (microflora, etc.). An aspirator PU-1B was used to take air samples in the bus cabins.
As the scientific leader of "NIIAT", Ph.D. Vadim Donchenko, the information system was tested on the example of special equipment designed for automatic simultaneous aerosol treatment of air and surfaces in the cabin of vehicles - the Mobile Hygiene Center (MGC), produced by the domestic company ASKM LLC.
- The tests were carried out on regular passenger buses in two modes: treatment according to the final disinfection regime and according to the preventive disinfection regime. The final disinfection mode takes about 40 minutes and simulates the complete treatment of a vehicle in bus fleets at night. The prophylactic disinfection mode takes 5 minutes and simulates a “quick” disinfection of a bus at the turning rings while driving along the route, ”says Vadim Donchenko.
All information about the disinfection performed (date, time, vehicle number, data on the responsible executor, consumption of disinfectant and confirmation of the fact of disinfection processing) was automatically sent to a special monitoring server of the information system.
To determine the effectiveness of the disinfection carried out by specialists of an accredited organization, before and after disinfection, washes were taken from the surfaces and air samples were taken for the presence of pathogenic microorganisms in the passenger compartment. Based on the results of the results obtained, the developers will have to defend the research work in the Ministry of Transport at the beginning of March this year.
As the developers note, at present, the system for monitoring the quality of measures for the disinfection of transport units is a ready-made software that can be purchased and implemented by any private enterprise. According to Vadim Donchenko, "full automation of disinfection will significantly reduce the costs of the carrier for disinfection by reducing the number of employees involved, completely neutralize the human factor and increase the transparency of disinfection measures."
In the future, it is also possible that the system will be scaled into a global all-Russian service. According to the developers, the deployment of the project on a national scale is associated with the creation of an appropriate computing infrastructure and the application of joint efforts of all industry participants.